This blog is all about introduction to Microsoft Power Platform. Power Platform is a robotic combination of PowerApps, Power BI, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents for a business application platform. This combination provides quick and easy app building along with valuable real-time data insights. Most importantly, it is a powerful tool to create a cost effective solution for the business applications.
It provides detailed insights of your business through real-time dashboards and reports.
- It converts your back-end data into visual reports and dashboards to give insights to all your business needs.
- Create custom dashboards and reports to visualize your data from diverse areas of your business for instance, marketing, sales, and customer care to name a few.
- It allows you to dive deep into your data and get a proper insight by slicing, filtering, and drilling down into it.
- You are able to share and publish your reports and dashboards within your website, Teams, SharePoint and with many other apps.
- It allows you to connect with your on-premises data source, Microsoft services and also third-party service providers.
- It is a great analytical tool that can asses your complex data to give you a meaningful insight through data visualization, built-in artificial capabilities, tight Excel integration, and pre-built and custom data connectors for continuous improvement.
Create custom, no-code, easy to use desktop and mobile applications for all your business needs.
- It allows users to create and deploy custom or tailored applications. The apps can be used on both desktop and mobile (iOS, android, windows).
- Both developers and non-developers can create applications in power App as it also works in no-code environment.
- It has pre-built templates, drag-and-drop simplicity, and quick and easy deployment.
- However, technical developers have an added advantage in creating an app using Power Apps. They can extend app capabilities with Azure function, create custom connectors, and provide seamless integration as per the business needs.
- With the help of power Apps, you can create wide range of applications that can help you to streamline your business processes.
- It allows users who are working from home or away from the desk environment to work on the go by completely customized user interface.
- It provides seamless integration of data from the Common data Service*(CDS) and also from 200+ different additional connectors that are available to ensure that the data you need is displayed in your application.
To know about the PowerApps that can help skyrocket your digital transformation Click Here
Microsoft Power Automate, previously known as Microsoft Flow, provides an automated workflow between your apps and services.
- It streamlines repetitive tasks so that you can focus on other business critical needs.
- It helps you to boost productivity by building time-saving workflows for everything like from individual tasks to large-scale systems.
- Pre-built connector provides seamless integration of Power Automate with other apps
- It enables everyone whether technical or non-technical to build secure workflows with no-code guiding experience.
- It is very safe and secure to use as it is hosted on Azure.
- Identity and access Management services, provides you with complete control of your work flow. Therefore, it authorizes you with the rights like who can view, edit or delete you flow.
Power Virtual Agents
Power Virtual Agent is the latest addition to Power Platform that enables users to build intelligent chatbots. In addition, it does not require any previous coding experience.
- Moreover, you can respond quickly to your customer and employee needs through virtual agent i.e chatbots.
- Above all, it can solve common customer problems and internal facing issue automatically that can help you to free your staff and focus on other complex issue.
- You can integrate Power Virtual Agents with the products and services using hundreds of prebuilt connectors.
Common Data Service
Common Data Service lets you to store data and manage it for your business applications. Data within Common Data Service is stored within set of entity. An entity is a set of records to store data. Common Data Service includes a base set of standard entities but you can also create custom entities and add additional data fields as per your business needs and requirements.
If you are a beginner and want to know how you can start working on Power Platform, you can click here to know how to start free trial.